Tomato based vegetable soup from the slow cooker
- Red cabbage
- Bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- Sour dough bread
- Chop the red cabbage, eggplant, carrot, broccolini and zucchini and add to a pan a stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Mix through the tomato paste.
- Add the red wine and chicken stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and add the garlic and canned tomatoes, undrained.
- Tie the fresh bay leaves, thyme and rosemary together with kitchen string and add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours
- Serve in a bowl with toasted sour dough bread