Raw Cacao and Goji Berry Balls
Are you on your path to health, trying to avoid foods that are unhealthy and increase your risk of heart disease and diabetes? Are you finding it hard to find a healthy snack to satisfy your taste buds and abate your sweet tooth cravings? Well this is the recipe to try! Packed full of fiber, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytonutrients it is a pro health snack that still passes the taste test. There's a reason health advocates rave about these bliss balls.
- 1 cup of dates
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao
- 3/4 cup LSA meal
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- desiccated coconut
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 min. to soften
- Put dates in a food processor until finely chopped
- Put dates, cacao, LSA meal, flax seeds, goji berries, cinnamon and coconut oil in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Use the spoon to scoop the mixture out of the bowl
- Sprinkle a layer of desiccated coconut onto a plate or chopping board
- Scoop the mix out with a spoon, roll into a ball and sprinkle with the desiccated coconut
- Put the balls onto the plate and keep refrigerated
Some Health Benefits associated with the Ingredients
- High in fiber associated with reduced cholesterol, stability of blood glucose levels and bowel health
- Rich in antioxidants
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Cinnamon - associated with decrease insulin resistance and reduced levels of cholesterol
- Rich in magnesium
- Cacao - associated with feel good hormones, boosting serotonin levels, reduced insulin resistance, lowered blood pressure and reduced risk of cardiovascular disease
- Rich in omega 3
- Goji berries - anti-inflammatory, reduces cholesterol, strengthens the immune system and associated with creating a sense of well being and optimism.
These cacao balls are so delicious and versatile. Try different combinations of nuts, seeds, fruits and super foods for different tastes and health benefits.
Book a consultation to improve your cholesterol levels and receive a free fortnight of dietary assistance.